Our name "Santosha" comes from the ancient language of Sanskrit.
It means contentment, accepting where you are, being present, and being happy.
We hold the premise of yoga, at the core of all our classes,
unity of body, mind and spirit through meditation in action.
The following is a 3-4 minute read, please do so for everyones safety.
PROTOCOLS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC FOR STUDENTS OF SANTOSHAYOGA.
Before booking your class, please read and answer the following:
1. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
2. Do you have a fever of 38C or higher?
3. Are you experiencing the new onset or worsening of a chronic cough?
4. Are you experiencing shortness of breath?
5. Are you experiencing a sore throat?
6. Are you experiencing muscle aches (related to flu-like symptoms)?
7. Are you experiencing joint pain (related to flu-like symptoms)?
8. Are you experiencing heightened fatigue (related to flu-like symptoms)?
9. Does anyone living in your household have any of the aforementioned symptoms? (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, flu-related aches & pains or flu-related fatigue?)
10. Have you been in close contact (within 2 metres) or prolonged contact with anyone with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
If the answer is “yes” to any of the above questions, please do not attend the class until you are positive you are not infectious.
We are following all the recommendations made by the Halton Region Health Unit: Physical Distancing of 2 metres, and the use of face-coverings while in enclosed public spaces, unless you are exempted. “Such a Non-Medical Mask or Face Covering must cover the mouth, nose and chin”, in accordance with the Regional Municipality of Halton By-law 47-20, as of 22nd July 2020 ( posters at studio doors).
* Class size will be limited to 8 (50% capacity) to allow for the Distancing rule.
* Reservations: Please contact Davina for details.
* Do not come to class without a confirmation since drop-ins cannot be accommodated at this time. “Rush” spots may be available on the day of the class depending on demand.
* Bring your own props if you can: your mat, 2 blocks, a strap and your towel. If you don’t own these, arrangements can be made to reserve studio props for your use.
* Leave anything extra in your car, if possible.
* Arrive early so class time will not be lost while students are entering one at a time.
* Wearing your mask, line up on the marked south side of the corridor, maintaining the mandatory 2 metres distance between students. Please be aware that some students may be exempt from wearing a face covering.
* Wait until the student in front of you has entered the studio and the coat area is clear.
* Use the hand sanitiser provided at the door.
* Proceed to a marked area to place your mat and set your props ready. Minimal baggage may be kept close to your mat space.
* You may remove your mask as long as you remain on your mat. The World Health Organisation recommends that you should remove your mask when exercising (see poster in studio) but the decision is yours.
* If you go to the bathroom, your mask must be replaced.
* Since the bathroom is not under our control, please be advised that you use it at your own risk. There will be hand-coverings at the door for you to avoid high-touch surfaces.
* As you re-enter, discard the plastic in the waste bin and use the hand sanitiser again.
* Replace your face-covering when the class has ended, and wait to be called to exit.
* Be prepared to wait to enable a metered exit.
* Leave any studio props you have used at your spot to be sanitised.
What you can expect:
* Entering and exiting the studio will take a bit longer.
* Limited movement around the studio.
* No hands-on adjusting from the teacher.
* Limited use of studio props and walls.
* Mats to be in fixed areas. You may not be able to choose your usual spot."
The preceding is available for download in Pdf format HERE.
Whether you are new to yoga, or have experience in the practice,
the tradition of B.K.S Iyengar (Bellur Krishnamachar Sundararaja Iyengar)
which is taught at Santosha will lead you safely and intelligently into
better understanding of how your body and mind can reach that state of contentment.
“Yoga allows you to rediscover a sense of wholeness in your life, where you do not feel like you are constantly trying to fit the broken pieces together”
B.K.S. Iyengar : “Light on Life”.
"Davina extends her gratitude to the models, all of whom are students of SantoshaYoga"
© 2018. Santosha Yoga Burlington. All Rights Reserved.